Re: Why not scan for unmaintained packages and orphan them?

Le Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 01:35:25PM +0000, Sune Vuorela a écrit :
> On 2006-12-05, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu> wrote:
> > I don't see "seen" as a supported tag in the BTS documentation, and
>
> 'confirmed' maybe?
>
>  - but having 20 importaint bugs in one package and 1 wishlist in
>    another package -- in my world the 20 importaint bugs gets higher
>    priority - even if it takes a half year to get to the wishlist
>    without much commenting.

Hi all,

how about a new function for the bts program of the devscripts package:

$ bts thankyou 123456

This could send a template message to 123456-sender@b.d.o, which would
say something like "The maintainer is too busy to send a real answer,
but he saw your report and thanks you for sending it."

(one can imaging many other variants, such as bts dontcare, bts
onstrike, bts waitayear, ....)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy