package update policy

Hi,

I'm not trying to start any argument.

The latest nvidia stable release (9629) was made on November 7th, 2006.
But it is still not included into Debian (testing/unstable/experimental).
I noticed that it is already part of Ubuntu Feisty.

I just wanted to know if Debian has a policy (timeline) for inclusion of a newer
release of a software.

I'm bringing nvidia-kernel-source package as an example because afaik it doesn't
affect the package freeze for Debian because it is not part of the stable
release.
Still, since there is a common maintainer for the package for both the
distributions, does Debian have a deadline for such scenarios ?

My understanding is that since Debian is completely a voluntary based
distribution, no one can demand a date for inclusion/updation of any package.

Thanks,
Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf