Re: Proposed new POSIX sh policy

In gmane.linux.debian.devel.general Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>        Firstly, should we be pointing to the SuS instead of POSIX
> (there is work going on a new version of the SUS), since it is open,
> and readily available on th 'net, and people can readily see it (as
> opposed to people who have shelled out $500 for a version)?
[...]

Afaui SuS and POSIX are one and the same thing nowadays, they
merged.

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/frontmatter/preface.html
The approach to specification development has been one of ``write
once, adopt everywhere'', with the deliverables being a set of
specifications that carry the IEEE POSIX designation, The Open Group's
Technical Standard designation, and an ISO/IEC designation. This set
of specifications forms the core of the Single UNIX Specification,
Version 3.

cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute