Re: Downgrading the priority of nfs-utils

Roger Leigh wrote:

> What's the rationale for needing it as part of the default install?

Because it's the standard GNU way of doing this kind of job?

> The majority of the Debian (and GNU/Linux systems in general) I see
> tend to not use NFS at all.

I guess there is truth in this statement.  But what else would you use
for a network entirely consisting of GNU/Linux machines (lucky me)?
Samba is a bridge to the proprietary world so I don't see a single
reason to use it if there are no Windows hosts involved.