Re: release critical bug in apache2.2?

Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 10:48:10PM +0100, Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 21:13:14 +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:
>>> But the DirectoryIndex problem should be fixed nevertheless.
>> FWIW, I've the following for apache2.2 on my sid:
>> =====
>> luca@gismo:~$ grep -r index.html /etc/apache2/*
>> /etc/apache2/mods-available/dir.conf: \
>>          DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml
>> luca@gismo:~$
>> =====
>>
>> BTW, I didn't manually touch any configuration files and I tried also
>> to purge apache2.2-common: the result is always the same,
>> /etc/apache2/mods-available/dir.conf contains that line [1].
>
> Good catch, but there is no link in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled...

... which might actually be the bug I'm ranting about. Thanks for
finding it Luca.

> Anyways, coming back to what we said in a subthread, it would be better
> if the DirectoryIndex was split and set by the concerned modules...
> index.cgi by the cgi module, index.php by the php module, etc.

Maybe, but I think it's more important to fix the bug as quickly as
possible, since it is already in testing so close before the freeze.

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org