ITP: neko -- High-level dynamically typed programming language

Package: wnpp
Owner: Jens Peter Secher <jps@debian.org>
Severity: wishlist

* Package name    : neko
  Version         : 1.5
  Upstream Author : Nicolas Cannasse (Motion-Twin)
* URL or Web page : http://nekovm.org
* License         : LGPL
  Description     : High-level dynamically typed programming language and VM

  Neko has been designed to provide a common runtime for several
  different languages, including JavaScript and haXe.
  .
  The compiler converts a source file (.neko) into a bytecode file (.n)
  that can be executed with the Virtual Machine. You can use the
  compiler as standalone commandline executable separated from the VM,
  or as a Neko library to perform compile-and-run for interactive
  languages.
  .
  The virtual machine is both very lightweight and well optimized. It
  can be easily embedded into other applications, and libraries are
  directly accessible using the C foreign function interface.

I have a neko package ready which includes the Apache 1.3/2.2 modules
mod_neko / mod_neko2.  But I would like the Apache modules integrated
properly with the Debian Apache setup.

My plans are to produce two additional packages, libapache-modneko and
libapache2-modneko, like:

 Package: libapache2-modneko
 Architecture: any
 Section: web
 Depends: neko (= ${Source-Version}), apache2 (>> 2.2)
  Neko is a very lightweight and well optimized virtual machine. With
  this module you can dynamically generate server-side web pages from
  Apache.

First question: Is it called for to have two such libapache{,2}-modneko
packages, or should I simply include the mod_neko{,2} in the neko
package and test postinst whether there is an Apache installed and if so
do the proper Apache module setup?

<Apache-newbie-warning>

And what is the proper Apache setup?  I have googled my way to some
incomplete pages about how Apache modules should be set up in Debian,
searched through the /usr/share/doc/apache* files, and I have looked at
an existing Apache module package (modxslt) to see if I could grok the
setup, but I cannot really say I understand what goes where and why.

Is there an official policy or step-by-step guide somewhere?

</Apache-newbie-warning>

Cheers,
--
                                                    Jens Peter Secher
_DD6A 05B0 174E BFB2 D4D9 B52E 0EE5 978A FE63 E8A1 jpsecher gmail com_

PS: Sorry to not having sent this message directly
submit@bugs.debian.org with the proper pseudo-headers, but when I try
that I get a 550.