Re: ca-certificates symlinks out of /etc

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 12:52:03PM +0100, Joey Schulze wrote:

> Maybe one improvement would be to reduce the number of links in this
> directory to one per certificate.  Currently for each certificate
> provided by ca-certificates the certificate has a link to /usr/share/..
> and the hash has a link to the other link.  Wouldn't it be possible to
> only create the hash link as a symbolic link to /usr/share/...?

I'm not sure the current c_rehash supports that.  People (or scripts)
may want to run c_rehash on /etc/ssl/certs, at which point it would
remove the hash links, and you have nothing left.

We need something that says "those certificates should be in
/etc/ssl/certs", and I don't think the hash symlinks work for that.

Kurt