Re: Intent to hijack Bacula (Heads up, Get The Facts!) (long)

Quoting Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>:

> * Turbo Fredriksson (turbo@debian.org) wrote:
>> Quoting Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>:
>> >
>> > Uhh, or, not...  Sorry, but the build system was terrible and is
>> > certainly something which should not be encouraged.
>>
>> Rubish! There is nothing (major) wrong with it as it is now. Yes, hardcoding
>> isn't good, but neither is 'an-hour-build'. Which you'd get if you do three
>> full builds after each other...
>
> There was quite a bit majorly wrong with it.

You keep saying that, without showing the problems. From what I can see,
all you say is "it's wrong", "it's very wrong" and "there's major problems with it".
I (and more) have stated that the previos (and now yours?) build system was
WAY to expensive. Improving things, for whatever reason, is a good thing.
You on the other hand, went the OTHER way, you WORSENED the build.

And throwing CPU time out the window with the excuse "if you can't keep up,
get out" is in _MY_ opinion STUPID.

The ONLY problem with the current (partial) build system is that part of (!!)
the build is hardcoded. Where libs are, and the name of the MySQL/PgSQL libs
will rarely (if ever) change so this is not a PROBLEM, it's only a 'nitpicking'.
--
767 Noriega Iran North Korea domestic disruption DES Khaddafi pits
security plutonium Ortega Cuba kibo Soviet Peking