Re: Re: screenshot with package description

>I mean, all pics are in the same location, but can easyly installed
>using apt and friends  and noone must download the whole tarballs.

>Even Modem or ISDN-Users would like to see screenshots of some
>packages/programs and huge tarballs are no sulution.

$ apt-cache rdepends libx11-6|wc -l
2237
2237 x 40k = 90MB
Some non X11 based application like mutt could have a screenshot too but we
won't have 15 000 pixmaps.

Tarball is a good solution for people who don't have an Internet connexion but
some space on theirs hard drive. The tarballs will be copied from the
CD/DVDROMs.
If you have a connexion to a pixmap repository you won't have to feed a local
cache. A slow connexion is enouch too retrieve 40kb pictures.

Regards,

	Gonéri