Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 4

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 16:21, Daniel Schepler wrote:
> Le Mardi 09 Mai 2006 22:49, Bill Allombert a écrit :
> > Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers <debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org>

> > 	libkcal2b
> > 	libkdepim1a
>
> It looks like these two have circular dependencies because libkdepim
> depends on libkcal, while a couple of the standard libkcal plugins
> (namely kcal_kabc.so and kcal_remote.so) depend on libkdepim.  I don't
> see any easy way to disentangle these.

At least three possibilities:

(*) most systems probably have both installed anyway, so why not merge the
packages? (Back to kdepim-libs...)

(*) have libkcal2b only recommend libkdepim1a

(*) split libkcal2b into the lib and a separate libkcal-plugins package.

-- vbi

--
Confession is good for the soul only in the sense that a tweed coat is
good for dandruff.