Re: Intent to hijack Bacula

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 12:10:52PM +0200, José Luis Tallón wrote:
> I previously declined very 'consistent' offers to adopt/take over
> Bacula, and offered co-maintenance instead.
> One of the main reasons: i have quite good relations with upstream
> (almost made them move main development to Debian -- will try again
> soon) and understand our user's problems quite well. Additionally, quite
> a lot of users have already contacted me.

There is no reason that your good relations with upstream should be
conditioned upon your listing as Maintainer of Bacula in Debian.
Furthermore, there is no reason to believe that you are the only person
capable of cultivating such.

> Some work a much needed dbconfig-common migration would be very
> interesting, too (i don't feel i have resources enough to tackle that on
> my own)

I plan to do this today.

> I couldn't be happier if that happened. We have a bit less than 3 months
> (until Etch freezes) to get all of this in shape. Any other volunteers?

I have not withdrawn my intent to take over Bacula.  I am volunteering
to do some pretty significant work on it, and have already done so.

-- John