Re: PDF files and dh_compress

#include <hallo.h>
* Yaroslav Halchenko [Tue, May 09 2006, 01:15:54PM]:
> Dear Developers,
>
> I've raised this discussion at -mentors first [1] but I think it is worth
> asking on a devel list since no definite decision was reached and I
> could not find similar discussion in the archives.

I am strongly against compressing PDFs if the compression ratio is
miserable, which is IMO the case for most PDFs nowadays. Take our policy
document for example - compression saves less than 30 percent and throws
unneeded stowns in the way of potential readers.

Eduard.