Re: Emacs out for lunch?

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

>> > An accident of the build environment -- it looks like mrpurply had
>> > libxaw-dev already installed in the chroot.
>
>> No, I checked that before trying here: It had not.
>
> No, you did not.  Unless you're a buildd admin, you have no access to see
> what other packages are installed on the buildd, you only see the ones
> pulled in as build-depends.

Yes, but emacs21 *does* Build-Depend on xaw3dg-dev, and it was missing:

,---- http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=emacs21&ver=21.4a-3.1&arch=sparc&stamp=1146691993&file=log&as=raw
| ** Using build dependencies supplied by package:
| Build-Depends: mailx, libncurses5-dev, texinfo, liblockfile-dev, libungif4-dev, libtiff4-dev | libtiff-dev, xaw3dg-dev, libpng3-dev, libjpeg62-dev, autotools-dev, dpkg-dev (>> 1.10.0), dpatch (>= 2.0.9)
| Checking for already installed source dependencies...
| mailx: missing
| libncurses5-dev: missing
| texinfo: missing
| liblockfile-dev: missing
| libungif4-dev: missing
| libtiff4-dev: already installed (3.8.2-2)
| xaw3dg-dev: missing
`----

What else can that mean that xaw3dg-dev was already installed?  But the
point is that it doesn't matter.  The interesting question is which
formerly-xlibs devel packages were installed; and this indeed I cannot
know.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster