Re: Apache 2 maintenance status?

On 4/28/06, Daniel Stone <daniels@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 05:58:58PM +0200, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> On 10/29/05, Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Does anyone know the Apache2 maintenance status?
> > Lots of bug reports appear to be 'ignored'.
> >
> > Examples are:
>
> Does anyone have any updates on this?
> It appears not much has changed in the past six days.
>
> I heard that Apache 2.2 is about to be uploaded, but I've no idea
> which bugs that fixes.

Given that 2.2 packages are about to be uploaded (no mean feat: tons
changed between 2.0 and 2.2), I'm going to go out on a limb and say that
it's being maintained in this point in time.

Note that 2.2 was released more than 4 months ago!
And that one of the maintainers stated it'd be uploaded real soon now
(tm) soon more than a month ago.

I only looked at the first bug you quoted, but you have conversed with
the current active maintainers on that bug, and it's not a
groundbreaking omgwtf-everything-is-broken bug.  It's wishlist.

What should I conclude from that?
There was no conclusion in the discussion. No mention of what had to
be done for it to be fixed.

You may also want to look at the second bug linked.