Policy change about `/usr/lib/cgi-bin' - Mass bug filing pending...

Hello,

As you might have noticed, the last policy version (3.7.0) says that
web application packages must not put CGIs under `/usr/lib/cgi-bin'
anymore:

Quoting lintian:

    This is done to avoid conflicts with the cgi-bin script alias,
    which is reserved for the local use of webmasters.

CGIs must be put under /usr/lib/cgi-lib now.

I must say that I was surprised [1] to learn that with lintian, and would
have liked to read an announcement for that change on a mailing list
(for instance the webapps one which sounds to be the appropriate).

I won't discuss here the goodwill of this change, I just want to
point out that by now, 110 packages are RC bug candidates because of
this [2] (422 files installed inder `/usr/lib/cgi-bin').

As a webapp maintainer I would like to now if everything is fine in our
Debian system for moving safely our CGIs from cgi-bin/ to cgi-lib/. I
must say I fear upgrades and breakages if the webserver does not provide
good aliasing features...

Find attached the list of 110 packages affected by this policy change.

1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-webapps/2006/05/msg00004.html
2:
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=%2Fusr%2Flib%2Fcgi-bin&searchmode=searchfilesanddirs&case=insensitive&version=unstable

Regards,