Re: Debian Light Desktop - meta package

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 10:19:20AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I would vote against too much choices if we go this way,
> though. Probably if the multiple desktop environments suggestion is
> implemented, it should be restricted to four choices:
>
> -"I dont know"
> -KDE
> -Gnome
> -Light desktop
>
> Offering too many choices would add much confusion and we have to
> remember that tasks are mostly targeted at novice users

I agree with your concepts here, but I have an idea.  Perhaps
something like this could be offered:

 * Full desktop   (or "Heavy" maybe?)
   * KDE
   * GNOME
  * Light desktop   (or "Advanced" maybe?)
    * openbox
    * fluxbox
    * etc.

I don't know if this would be practical but I think it could be
useful.

HTH,

--
Keegan Quinn  <keegan@thebasement.org>  http://keegan.sniz.org

q="'" qq='echo q=\"$q\" qq=$q$qq$q \&\& eval \$qq' && eval $qq