Re: timezone data packaged separately and in volatile?

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 10:56:36AM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Denis Barbier a écrit :
> >Ditto, but this should be done for all sarge stable releases, which is a
> >lot of work.  IMO splitting timezone data into a seperate package in
> >the next sarge release would help future releases, if this is allowed by
> >our stable RMs.
>
> Well I am currently trying to split the glibc to not have libraries and
> binaries in the same package (that will be a problem for multiarch).
> While I am doing that, I can also put the timezone data in a separate
> package.

Here is my ballot
- - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
f249d253-188a-efc8-9428-fdacc5269436
[ 2 ] Choice 1: Ship a new binary package for timezone data
[ 3 ] Choice 2: Keep timezone data along with the C library
[ 1 ] Choice 3: Ship a seperate source package for timezone data
[ 4 ] Choice 4: Further discussion
- - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Please note that this is a general issue and has nothing to do with #356148.

Denis