Re: NEW queue backing up again -- ftpmasters, any explanation or comment?

Nico Golde wrote:
> > > Could be, but I believe I heard that most NEW processing is done by
> > > one of the assistants while the mirror split is done by someone else.
> > > I guess that one person got busy or demotivated.  I suspect NEW
> >
> > Well, that person is currently on the CeBIT and manning the Debian booth
> > there.
>
> We can't always apologize things with something. If he it at
> CeBIT great, noone will aggravate about this as far as there
> are others who do the job during the time. What if he is on
> vacation for a month?

NEW processing is not that critical that Debian couldn't live without
it for a few days.  Heck, we survived without NEW processing for months
already.  When Joerg is away for a longer time, I'm pretty sure he's
interested in some solution in the meantime.

Not all tasks have to be worked on 24/7.  We don't have ty cry out
loud whenever one task doesn't get done because the person doing
so normally is a few days away.  It's not that Joerg didn't doo
NEW processing at all in the near past.  Dooh.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.