Buildd.Net Update - New Features and Archs

Hi!

Since my last update on Buildd.Net [0] features here [1] many new features
were added to Buildd.Net. I'll try to some them up:

 * a new design - the layout and structure of Buildd.Net changed.

 * devel systems - to support developers in their porting work, Buildd.Net
   donates accounts on some machines, e.g. m68k, mips or sparc. [2]

 * sarge-backports - after Norbert Tretkowski announced working on backports
   for Sarge, Buildd.Net is able to display information about
   sarge-backports again.[3]

 * version check - you can now check, what versions are installed for each
   arch. This is a feature of the ptracker script [4]. See [5] for details.

 * various package state checks - for example you can now check if a package
   is overdue after building [6] or which package is dep-waiting on what
   other package for how long [7]. There are some other checks as well on
   each arch page. You can reach them by clicking on the "check" link beside
   the corresponding graphs for Building, Uploaded, etc. You can find some
   description for those at [8], [9], [10] and [11]

 * Needs-Build queue ETA - this is a small feature that displays an
   estimation how long the needs-build queue would need to get compiled.
   This is based on the average build times gathered by the participating
   buildds. More details on [12]

 * kfreebsd-amd64 added - as already announced in DWN[13] and by Aurelien
   Jarno [14], Buildd.Net supports the new port by inclusiding it on its
   site [15]

 * mailing list - for discussing Buildd.Net related stuff, feature requests,
   etc. there is now a mailing list: bn-misc <at> lists.buildd.net - you can
   subscribe by sending a mail to bn-misc-request <at> lists.buildd.net with
   the subject "subscribe"

And some special news as well:

 * Buildd.Net becomes OpenSource - as announced in [16] I began to make the
   sources for Buildd.Net publically available on [17]. Currently every time
   I'm changing or adding a new script to Buildd.Net I'll make it available
   on the above mentioned page. So, one script after the other will be
   become GPLed.

 * Access to Buildd.Nets Database - related to that, you can now request
   direct access to the database behind Buildd.Net [18]. Of course this is
   not an "open" database where you can just connect and play with. But if
   you want to use that database to write your own build graphs or such, you
   can request access to the database. Requirement for this is, of course, a
   database user/password and a static IP from which you will connect.
   Please use the above mentioned mailing list to direct your requests and
   propose your ideas.

Enjoy!

 [0] http://www.buildd.net/
 [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/11/msg01102.html
 [2] http://www.buildd.net/devel/index.html
 [3] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/60
 [4] http://buildd.net/cgi/ptracker.cgi?unstable_pkg=aptitude&searchtype=m68k
 [5] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/64
 [6] http://www.buildd.net/cgi/check_overdue.phtml?flavour=unstable&arch=m68k&mode=package
 [7] http://www.buildd.net/cgi/check_depwait.phtml?flavour=unstable&arch=m68k&mode=package
 [8] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/68
 [9] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/71
[10] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/79
[11] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/81
[12] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/77
[13] http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2006/10/
[14] http://blog.aurel32.net/?p=25
[15] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/93
[16] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/73
[17] http://www.buildd.net/source/index.html
[18] http://blog.windfluechter.net/?q=node/101

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc