Re: debian developer

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 03:27:23PM +0100, Mark Walter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to step in to be a debian developer.
>
> While processing the new maintainer's guide I need to cross checked
> boxes to apply.
>
> Two of them are not true for me at all and I can't apply as a developer :-(
>
> Here are the two point's:
>
> ***
> If you intend to package software, do you have a Debian package in the
> archive through a sponsor? And if you intend to do other things (e.g.
> port Debian to other architectures, help with documentation, Quality
> Assurance or Security), do you have experience in those things and have
> already participated in such activities for Debian?
>
> ***
> Has an existing Debian developer agreed to be an advocate and verify
> your application
>
> Here is my question:
>
> Can anybody help to me to satisfy the demand for the two point's as I'am
> interested to be a debian developer ?
>
> What can I do to arrive the point's mentioned above ?

Jump in and start doing something for Debian. Whether that is finding
fixes for open bugs in our BTS that do not have patches yet, writing
documentation, translating stuff that needs to be translated, or
packaging software that needs to be packaged (or help package software
where the maintainer asks for help), is up to you. You can ask on
debian-mentors if you need more help (this isn't really a mailinglist
for beginner-level questions relating to debian development;
debian-mentors is)

If you do this well enough, people you cooperate with (your sponsor,
other translators, etc) will most likely be willing to advocate you.

--
Fun will now commence