Re: question for all candidates

[Ways to improve keyring maintenance]

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 23:25 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> The second was to get rt setup to, uh, track requests -- it's waiting
> on the first thing (since rt sends auto-replies, and auto-replies to
> spam is bad, mmmkay), and possibly also lacks a debian.org machine
> that can be its host.

I might be missing something obvious, but why do we need a separate rt
installation, with a debian.org machine to be found, and a spam problem
to be tackled? We have the BTS, using that would eliminate point two
entirely and alleviate most of point one, since spam fighting can be
done in one place.

There could be some feature missing from the BTS, but I can't think of
one that's required for this task. And if there is one, wouldn't it be a
better investment to add that possibility to our current BTS than to
implement a parallel infrastructure?

Thijs