Re: counselor@debian.org volunteers?

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 21:04 +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I am not sure that it will help, but it will probably not hurt either...
> And it does not need to be official: just setup an email address and
> start signing up voluntaries.

Don't do this, please. A mediator or counsellor needs to be chosen
carefully for each separate issue. In all cases, all sides need to both
recognise the need for a mediator and agree with the choice of person. A
mediator "pool" to which anyone can sign up will only add tension and
attract people that don't have the right perspective. It's not like NM,
where the AM tasks are, in comparison, well defined.

If someone wants to do something in general to help with mediating and
counselling, then I would suggest creating a Wiki page where we can
collect advice for people who find themselves in a mediator role, and
for people who feel they are in need of a mediator. Descriptions of
cases that went well or went wrong are also useful.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@debian.org>