Re: For those who care about stable updates (update)

Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> As you all probably already know, Martin 'Joey' Schulze stepped down as
> Stable Release Manager[1]. At this point, we would like to thank him for
> his hard work for the last five years.
>
> To continue the service of stable point releases to our users, Andreas
> Barth and I took over the Stable Release Management. We will try to add
> other people to our team, improving responsiveness and quality.
>
> Based on Joey's excellent preparation work of the last few months and
> our experience with debian-volatile updates to the stable release, we
> are aiming to release the second update to Debian 3.1 sarge (3.1r2) as
> soon as possible. Current plan is to do it within the next 4 weeks.
>
> Greetings
> Martin
>
> PS: Andi's post[2] was supposed to go to debian-devel-announce@ but
> ended up in debian-devel@.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00008.html
> [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/03/msg00294.html

Do you plan to push the inofficial Debian-amd64 release along with
Debians this time? We are still at 3.1r0 because so far nobody has
pushed the issue hard enough. But we (the debian-amd64 project) are
happy to help compile things if anything isn't automaticaly picked up
by the buildds or answere questions and such if you are willing to
broaden you job slightly.

Andreas already has (hopefully sufficient) access to amd64.debian.net
so that shouldn't be a stoper.

MfG
        Goswin