Re: For those who care about stable updates

On 09.03. 12:21, Andreas Barth wrote:

> * Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org) [060309 11:37]:
> > I'm sorry to announce this but you'll have to find a new person who works
> > on updating Debian stable and who is willing to cope with black holes and
> > ftpmasters.
>
> Martin, thank you very much for your great services you did as stable
> release manager during the last years.

Sad news. As a user of Debian who appreciates the work of Martin a
lot, I would like to use the opportunity to thank him for his great work.

> I'd like to inform you that Martin Zobel-Helas and I are going to take
> over the task of the stable release manager. We intend to add more
> people to that task, but well - that can be done anytime later. Martin
> agreed to that.

Good to see that there are already competent successors stepping up
to continue the work, even though it is now obvious that it needs at
least two persons to replace one Joey. :-)

Thanks,
--
Christian Fromme

Mail: kaner at strace.org