Re: Box does not switch of on halt

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Henning Makholm wrote:

Sysvinit migrated to testing on February 21, and was responsible
for a similar error (#252547) for me a couple of years ago.

However, the current sysvinit has no trouble shutting down my sid box.

~$ apt-cache policy sysvinit
sysvinit:
  Installed: 2.86.ds1-12
  Candidate: 2.86.ds1-12
  Version table:
 *** 2.86.ds1-12 0
        501 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
         50 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

While this package might be responsible in fact because I have an older
sysvinit (2.86.ds1-4) on a further testing machine that I do not upgrade
that requently, this version has the problem I described.

So I keep the maintainer of the package in CC in case he is not
reading this thread.  (Henrique, feel free to contact me for further
details or a fully qualified bug report in case your feel responsible
for this problem.)

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--