Re: debconf and cdebconf are coinstallable now

* Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2006-03-02 05:08]:
> Joey has been campaigning [1] for a while to get everything in the
> archive changed to depend on debconf | debconf-2.0 or similar rather
> than just debconf, in order that we can start rolling out cdebconf
> as its replacement.

It would be nice if you could tell _why_ you're interested in
migrating to cdebconf.  What does it have that debconf doesn't, or
what other advantages does it have?  Is it easier to maintain,
smaller, ...?

(This is nothing against cdebconf; it's just not obvious from your
posting what the rationale is behind this migration.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/