Re: Honesty in Debian (was Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

[Jean-Christophe Dubacq]
> Is non-free not already distributable ? If something is not
> distributable, then it cannot even be in non-free.

non-free is distributable via the Debian FTP sites.  However, not all
of it is distributable in other ways:

- some non-free software may have a license granting a special
  exception for the Debian mirror network
- some non-free software may forbid commercial distribution

Both of those are a problem for CD vendors.  So we need to make sure
that if we generate a CD image for d-i that contains non-free bits,
that this image doesn't have those problems.