Re: Provides: scheme-interpreter

"Florian Weimer" <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote in message [🔎] 87bqxd7jqh.fsf@mid.deneb.enyo.de">news:[🔎] 87bqxd7jqh.fsf@mid.deneb.enyo.de...
* Chad Walstrom:

I'm trying to package up tex2page and noticed that there is no virtual
package for scheme-interpreter.  I would like to specify in the
"Depends:" that some sort of scheme-interpreter is required instead of
having to list each of them individually.

Any thoughts on this suggestion?

Are Scheme interpreters sufficiently compatible (in particular in
their command line conventions) so that this is feasible?  How do you
find one?  There doesn't appear to be a /usr/bin/scheme.

http://people.debian.org/~forcer/debian-scheme-policy/debian-scheme-policy.html/

Which may be an unofficial policy mandates certain symlinks managed by alternatives to scheme interpreters based on what they support. The virtual package names have been accepted by consensus
(nobody said anything, so they implicitly concurred).

Therefore if the script needs R5RS Scheme it should depend on 'scheme-r5rs' which is a virtual package,
and the first line of the script should be:
"#! /usr/bin/env scheme-r5rs"
or
should be
"#! /usr/bin/scheme-r5rs"