Re: documentation types

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:09:40PM +0100, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> Is there any preference on which type should be included in the -dev package?
> I would prefer PDF:
>  * one file only
>  * easy to print
>  * many viewers available
>
> I would rather not build all three as this is a definite waste of disk space.

Well, if they are big enough that the disk space usage is a concern,
then they should definitely be moved to a separate -doc package.

Otherwise, I'd suggest html, because that's the only useful format for
every-day use ('grep' etc. cannot be used on PS/PDF, or just think about
doing development on a text console).

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences