Re: Amendment to GR on GFDL, and the changes to the Social Contract

roche@httrack.com wrote:
> Maybe we could suggest another "editorial change" and revert to the
> previous wording (not everything is software)
>
> Uh ?

Wouldn't help, as I noted elsewhere.  "Debian is 100% free software" doesn't
actually leave any room for non-software in Debian.  The previous
"interpretation" was something which it simply can't mean in English.

What you want is a GR which changes it to what you want it to say, such as
"The computer programs in Debian will remain 100% free software".

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE propose such a GR. Then we'd get a real
count of how many people believe that the DFSG should apply only to programs
and how many think they should apply to everything in Debian.  We haven't had
such a count yet because the "DFSG should apply only to programs" people have
not been willing or able to actually propose a GR which says what they
*mean*.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

Theocracy, fascism, or absolute monarchy -- I don't care which it is, I don't
like it.