Re: helix player package for debian?

Britton Kerin wrote:
> I thought I saw some stuff on their web page about helix being GPL now.
> Not so?

Yes, but it is (not yet) reflected in the source: Most parts are triple
licensed (GPL and two non-free licenses from real, primary intended for
their commercial customers).

But.. some parts do not have a license at all (that matches for trivial
stuff like <10sloc build-scripts *and* as well as for some essential
parts, e.g. hxdna parts in hxclient module import of helix-player, see
#321195 for reference).

They just need to put a file stating something simliar as 'All files
here and in all subdirectories here are licensed triple licensed under
$licenses'; but they semm to have having major beaurocratic issues to
modifiy their sourcetarball-progagation-scripts.

However, before these things are not fixed, the rest of the helix
packages (-producer, -server, and -dna) are not redistributable, and
thus not uploaded to debian so far.