python-xml up for adoption

Hi,

I'm no longer using python-xml[1] for my daily development, and as a
consequence, I feel I'm not doing as good a job as I should on the
python-xml package. I'm therefore considering passing maintenance to
someone else, or co-maintaining the package.

The packaging itself is pretty straightforward, but

 * upstream is not very active

 * some long lasting bugs[2] are fixed in upstream cvs, but the fix might
break other packages depending on the bug, so I'm a bit reluctant to
add a patch which could lead to debian shipping a pyxml-0.8.4 package
which would behave differently from other distributions

 * xbel is part of the debian package, but is essentially unmaintained
by upstream (not a problem for the DTD, but one for xbel-utils scripts,
which I don't use and have been the only one to change in upstream CVS
during the past years). Additionnally, xbel has been moved to it's own
separate project [3], so maybe it makes sense to move it to its own
source package. I'm not sure how this should be done, debian-wise.

Is anybody interested in maintaining the package?

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python-xml.html
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=python-xml
[3] http://xbel.sourceforge.net/

--