Re: Automatic testing of .deb's

On Monday 06 February 2006 19:53, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> On 2/6/06, Ian Jackson <iwj@ubuntu.com> wrote:
[ filing automatic package tests to the Debian bts ]

> The Ubuntu maintainer should always open bugs with the test related stuff
> and see if the Debian maintainer judge it's valuable or not.

Generally yes.  But this specific issue discusses a potential (slow) mass
bug-filing of many similar (in spirit, not technically) bugs and thus
warrants a discussion on d-d.

Ian: I add my voice to what you already perceive: these tests would be
welcome, and I'd probably accept them to my few packages.  A very short
(one screenfull or so) HOWTO/README about how the whole system works linked
from the bug would be helpful, because I don't have the time to read up on
it now, but will want to when you file the first bug on my pkgs, without
having to sort through 100 mailing list hits with 90% content which doesn't
apply anymore because the technical details were changed...

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://www.pool.ntp.org