Tcl in Debian - volunteers needed

[Apologies if this went out more than once.  Thunderbird is being
weird...  Please CC replies to me.  Thanks!]

Hi Debian developers and Tcl users,

Apparently some of the packages I maintain were removed from Debian's
testing distribution this evening: rivet, tcldom, tclxml and tclsoap,
because of open bugs against them that I haven't found the time to
close.  "My bad", as they say.

I will hopefully find the time to fix and upload new versions next week,
however, realistically in the long term I don't see myself as having
much time for maintaining most of the Tcl packages I currently have:

tclparser, tclxml, mysqltcl, tkcon, tclsoap, tclthread, tcldom, tdom,
tclvfs, gdtclft, tclexpat, and libtk-img (Img)

I would like someone else to take these over.  Those that aren't, may be
removed from Debian (and consequently, Ubuntu).

I intend to keep looking after rivet, tclmagick, being part of the
upstream teams for each.  Indeed, I'll have a bit more time for them if
someone can give the other packages a good home.

It's probably easiest if someone already in Debian can do this, because
a newcomer will have to face a fair amount of bureaucracy to deal with
Debian, and I do not have the time to assist with that, nor am I really
all that familiar with the procedures(*) involved - my involvement in
Debian began in 1997, prior to many of the rules and regulations that
have subsequently been put in place.

That said, it *would* be nice to get some Tcl people interested in
Debian and Ubuntu, because they are extremely well done Linux
distributions whose popularity is on the rise (there were rumors, since
denied, that Google was going to distribute a desktop Linux based on
Ubuntu).  I just wanted to warn you up front that it will require some
real commitment that at times goes beyond the technical abilities
strictly necessary to maintain the aforementioned packages.

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/