Re: Proposal: move /etc/{protocol,services,rpc} to base-files

  [Daniel Schepler]
> > If you're suggesting that with a move of update-inetd then netbase
> > would become more like the netbase-data I was suggesting as an
> > alternative, with minimal dependencies, that would be fine with me.

[Marco d'Itri]
> Yes, because only the files in /etc/ would be left.

That's not quite what he asked.  He mentioned "with minimal
dependencies".  Currently netbase provides a basic networking
environment by depending on several other components, and a *lot* of
packages depend on it, presumably at least partly because of this.

I think it's useful to keep this property (and the dependencies on
ifupdown, et al.) and I also think it's useful to have what Daniel is
asking for, a package that contains /etc/{services,protocols,rpc}
without sucking in all that stuff.  The consequence may be that netbase
shrinks to a mere metapackage, and that seems fine too.