Linux and memory leak

Hello

I have memory leak in my system, I'm currently using:
           Debian Sarge, Kernel 2.6.10 and Enlightenment
My problem is that the memory (ram and swap) is always grow, my ram is 775MB and the swap is 1.5GB. After approximate 20 days the situation of the memory is that all the ram is in use and approximate half of the swap is also
in use. In this situation all is work veeeeeryyyyyyyyy sloooooowlyyyyyyy.
I'm using the next applications: Mozilla, Acroread, xpdf, gv, gnu-emacs, xfig mplayer and some epplets of Enlightenment and nothing more.

How I can find the problem, please don't tell me reboot the system, I mean this is not Windows. Second, please also don't tell me that Linux work in this way, I mean after approximate 20 days I can't used nothing.

 Thank you very much, and please help me.

        Gustavo Halperin