Pre-Depends for Xorg 7.0

Hi all,
   One of the changes happening for Xorg 7.0 is that it will finally become
FHS compliant. Currently, it fakes FHS compliancy by creating various
symlinks (/usr/include/X11, /usr/bin/X11, /usr/lib/X11) to the appropriate
directories in /usr/X11R6. For 7.0, we need to make those symlinks become
actual directories. We're currently using the x11-common package to do
this, although the XSF is considering unifying this package with
xorg-common and naming the single common package xorg-common. Either way,
this transition will be done by one of the -common packages.

   Because the remainder of the Xorg 7.0 packages will require this change
to have taken place, they will have to pre-depend upon an appropriate
version of x11-common. As such, I'm writing to the list in accordance with
policy.

   The code to enact this change has been deployed successfully in Ubuntu
and should translate just fine to Debian. I'll be uploading packages to
experimental shortly to test for this, although I don't recommend anyone
use it outside of a chroot until we have a more or less complete X suite
available in experimental. If you have any questions or comments, please
feel free to ask.

 - David Nusinow