Re: Backports

* Norbert Tretkowski [Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:02:03 +0100]:

> * Joseph Smidt wrote:
> > Do you think we will ever see backports officially supported by
> > Debian?

> No.

  Is this to be read "as the person behind backports.org, I don't have
  in mind working to make them official", or "I believe ftp.debian.org
  will never carry a 'backports' suite"? Anthony Towns has hinted a
  couple times in the past that such may become a closer possibility
  after the mirror split (e.g. in [1]).

    [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/01/msg00007.html

  Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do nothing
but together can decide that nothing can be done.
                -- Fred Allen