Re: bits from the release team

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 10:43:55PM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:

> I wonder how that's going to happen wrt udev and a couple of other
> things that, as of today, depend on a precise version of the kernel.

The udev breakages were rather annoying but the situation is not as bad
as it looks. ALSA for example is worse but it gets less "press coverage".

To avoid such breakages in the future,

- test -rc kernels as they come out
- complain loudly on linux-kernel if something breaks (just cursing on
  debian-devel will not help)

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences