status of disk i/o per process

Hey everyone,

This is more kernel related since I think the information is to be gathered from /proc but I
decided to give this great mailing list a shot at it first.

I'm wondering how to find out the status of the disk input/ouput usage PER PROCESS.
At first I thought the answer would be in /proc/<pid>/stat but according to 'man 5 proc' it isn't listed there...
(I'm aware of the the /proc/stat file which displays disk i/o but that's globally for the whole system)

Thanks in advance,
Liran.