Re: db.debian.org (and related infrastructure) updates

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 02:19:02PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I figure it's a consequence of the ldapmodify default changetype being
> > 'replace'. I suppose that's a sane default, but it could still be a bit
> > confusing to people who don't know/notice.
>
> Nothing new here, this is how the mail gateway has handled debian.net DNS
> entries for years.  (If it didn't do it this way, how would you have the
> gateway *delete* old entries?)

Yes, as I said, it's probably a sane default. However, it's far from
impossible to handle deletions if the default is changed, because that same
gateway has functionality for that, cf. 'del field' in doc-mail.html.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.