Re: [ITH] eagle-usb

Quoting Paul Cupis (paul@cupis.co.uk):
> Debian-Devel,
>
> I intend to hijack the eagle-usb source package.
>
> The last maintainer upload was 2005-04-14 and the package has
> subsequently been removed from testing/etch and NMUd to fix FTBFS bugs.
> Other bugs have gone uncommented on even with patches in the BTS,
> upstream and with new upstream releases.

I remember that I skipped that package during the l10n NMU campaign
because of RC bugs I was unable to fix at that time.

It's good to see someone wanting to take the package over. I'd say
"just go ahead".

If you hijack the package, I suggest you fix the pending l10n
bugs. Sending a call for debconf templates review to
debian-l10n-english could be a good idea (even if you're a native
speaker, some style recommendations could come).

And, finally, if debconf templates are changed, I suggest you sent
calls for translation updates to translators (with
"podebconf-report-po") and a call for new translations (with
"podebconf-report-po --call").

Many thanks for your concern in this abandoned package.