Re: python 2.3

On Sun, 2006-12-24 at 02:22 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 00:38 +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > > To conclude, the support of multiple python versions is not meant at
> > > all as an excuse for lazy debian maintainers depending on python for
> > > not following upstream python development.
> >
> > Are you calling me lazy for not fixing a bug that you never bothered to
> > report before you uploaded an illegal NMU?
>
> WTF is an illegal NMU?

Matthias uploaded an NMU where there was no bug report filed.  (The
filing of a patch is not a substitute for a regular bug report for the
bug you think the patch fixes.)  Moreover, the bug is a *wishlist* bug
and there is no cause for uploading NMUs for wishlist bugs, let alone
anything but a release-critical bug.

Moreover, Matthias made absolutely no attempt to contact me; he simply
went ahead and uploaded.

In no way did he follow the procedures to be followed before making
NMUs.

Thomas