Re: ITP: nspeed -- Prints the currently incoming and outgoing traffic in kb/s of a NIC on the console, no more, no less

You are right.
Currently it measures the network traffic over the period of 1 (one)
second.  See the TODO.Debian to learn that I plan to make it adjustable
and more configurable ...

> André Appel dijo [Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 07:16:54PM +0100]:
>> Package: wnpp
>> Severity: wishlist
>> Owner: Andre Appel <andre.appel@nforcer.de>
>>

>> * Package name    : nspeed
>>   Version         : 1.0.0
>>   Upstream Author : Andre Appel <andre.appel@nforcer.de>
>> * URL             : http://nforcer.de/debian/nspeed/
>> * License         : (GPL)
>>   Programming Lang: (bash)
>>   Description     : Prints the currently incoming and outgoing traffic
>> in
>> kb/s of a NIC to the console
>>

>> nseepd is a shell script which prints the kb/s which are currently
beeing received and transmitted by a NIC in a direct way only using
simple shell commands. No superuser rights required. All other tools I
found displayed continuous the incoming / outgoing rate or many other
thins. All I needed was a short information of how much is going in and
out at the moment, displayed once.

> What does "current" mean? How long does taking a "sample" take? Can you
adjust it? Maybe this is not as important for the description, but
should be mentioned in the package :)