Re: python 2.3

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 12:38:05AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> An explicitely stated goal of the release team was to reduce the
> number of supported python versions for the next stable release. We
> did include three python versions for sarge (2.[123]).

Actually, four: 2.4 is also in sarge (maintained by you).

> To reduce that count we do have to drop 2.3 (prefering 2.5 over 2.3).

The count is already reduced by one, but I agree it'd be nice to drop
one more version from etch when the opportunity is there. At the moment
though, that'd still require python-defaults to migrate, along with
packages like abiword and gnucash. I'm disinclined to remove python2.3
from unstable just yet, because that might block a new revision of (for
example) abiword coming into etch via unstable.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl