Re: Downgrading the priority of nfs-utils

On 7 Nov 2006, at 11:17 pm, Brian May wrote:

"Goswin" == Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni- tuebingen.de> writes:

    Goswin> But wouldn't you be surprised if "mount -tnfs server:/path
    Goswin> /local/path" suddenly wouldn't work anymore in a fresh
    Goswin> install?

Not really, no.

I would be more surprised if it did work. NFS has a reputation of
being insecure.

I am not aware of any organisations, big/small, that use NFS any more
except on restricted sets of computers.

<puts hand up>
Er, here. Global NFS home directories. And at the last place I worked. And the place before that. Oh, actually, in every single place I've worked for the past 10 years.

I suppose you could claim the set of machines running NFS is restricted in that it's behind a firewall, but that's the only sense.

Tim