ITP: hdapsd -- HDAPS daemon for IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads

Package: wnpp
Owner: Evgeni Golov <sargentd@die-welt.net>
Severity: wishlist

* Package name    : hdapsd
  Version         : 0.0.20061007
  Upstream Author : Wolfgang Rohrmoser <info@rohrmoser-engineering.de>
                    Jon Escombe <lists@dresco.co.uk>
                    Robert Love <rml@novell.com>
                    Shem Multinymous <multinymous@gmail.com>
* URL or Web page : ftp://rohrmoser-engineering.de/pub/
* License         : GPL v.2
  Description     : HDAPS daemon for IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads

 daemon which reads the Hard Drive Active Protection System sensor
 (called accelerometer) and parks the hard drive, if a "bad" movement is
 recognized

Some time ago, I've created packages for tp-smapi [1], which included
modules of the improved HDAPS driver. With this module, it is possible
to read the movement of the laptop. That's the job of hdapsd [2], it
reads and if it detects a unusual movement (eg. e drop), it parks the
disk heads, so the disk won't be demaged.
Actually, a patch for the kernel is needed to be able to park the disk,
but I hope it will soon get into mainline (2.6.21?) or I will package
it too.
I plan this packages for Etch+1, so there hopefully won't be any
problems with the kernel.

Kind regards
Evgeni Golov

[1] http://debian.die-welt.net/pool/main/tp-smapi/
[2] http://debian.die-welt.net/pool/main/hdapsd/

--
   ^^^    | Evgeni -SargentD- Golov (sargentd@die-welt.net)
 d(O_o)b  | PGP-Key-ID: 0xAC15B50C
  >-|-<   | WWW: http://www.die-welt.net   ICQ: 54116744
   / \    | IRC: #sod @ irc.german-freakz.net

Kernel panic: Could not determine whether bit was one, zero or sqrt
(1/PI)... (Jan Kohnert - debian-user-german)