Re: Accepted lynx 2.8.5-2sarge2.2 (source i386)

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 07:00:14AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > > There's no possibility of including that patch upstream.
> >
> > So what? If upstream does not want to accept a patch that fixes a
>
> so what?  Read the patch.  You certainly didn't, or if you _did_ you
> understand nothing of the change.
>
> The patch breaks existing functionality (hardcodes one of the configurable
> selections).

I didn't know PERSONAL_MAILCAP was run-time configurable (it looks
a #define to me). If apt-get source wasn't segfaulting at the moment I'd
check it. But this explaination is a lot more useful than "upstream
won't accept it". But why did you send this to the debian-devel mailing
list instead of as a follow-up to the bugreport?

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>