Re: KDE4 packages?

On Monday 27 November 2006 11:57, Jiri Palecek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to ask whether (or when) will KDE4 packages be available in
> Debian.
> Although KDE4 is not yet stable, it should be already usable for
> development
> (like porting applications from kde3).
At this moment most KDE libraries are still under heavy development, and the
API gets changed weekly. Although it could be useful to have packages of the
development snapshots, the best way to do KDE4 development just now is
getting kdelibs, kdepimlibs, ... from the SVN as explained in:
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE3To4

> There are packages for Ubuntu. Will they work on Debian?
Not sure, I wouldn't try ;)

The Debian KDE packagers are quite busy just now trying to get KDE3 in the
best shape possible for Etch, but I'm sure they will do a great work for KDE4
once Etch is out.