Re: Bash /dev/tcp and /dev/udp

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 12:06:09PM +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> I've never came across a script on debian or elsewhere that required
> this functionality enabled. Indeed I'm horrified to find this feature
> enabled on RHEL boxes.

FWIW, ksh93 (as packaged in Debian) has this functionality enabled... it
seems to be available by default in various *nix incarnations as well,
such as Solaris 9 & 10.  This doesn't make the feature a good idea, of
course, but it does appear to be commonly available.

A quick perusal of the zsh manpage seems to indicate that it can do this
as well (albeit with quite different syntax), but I didn't take the time
to verify.